Hybrid mattresses combine the best features of memory foam and innerspring mattresses to create a supportive mattress that responds quickly to pressure and has no excess heat. Hybrid mattresses have a combination of springs above the mattress and foam layers below it, and the result is a mattress that feels firm and supportive with little motion transfer.
A hybrid mattress offers the same benefits as each of its types but provides additional advantages specific to that combination. You can buy an innerspring and memory foam hybrid mattress from a specialty manufacturer or find one at your local department store. Here’s everything you need to know about different kinds of hybrid mattresses:
Find your perfect match!
Popular brands of the hybrid mattresses
Hybrid mattresses are designed to offer the best of both worlds. They combine the benefits of memory foam with coils and springs, so you get the comfort and support of a foam mattress but with the bounce of a traditional innerspring. Let’s have a look at some of the best brands:
The DreamCloud mattress is our favorite hybrid. It’s an all-foam mattress that uses micro coils to provide support instead of coils or springs. Two, it has soft memory foam feel and firm base support with a luxurious cover.
Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid
Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress is our pick for the best value. It offers the same quality as other high-end hybrids but at a lower price point. It provides adjustable comfort with two layers of gel memory foam and responsive base foam. The mattress also has an extra layer of cooling gel to keep your body temperature regulated throughout the night. The Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid has above-average edge support for couples who want to sleep close together.
The Helix mattress offers a great combination of comfort and support. It is made from three layers of foam and provides a medium-firm feel. The top layer is 2 inches of gel memory foam, which molds your body and relieves pressure points. The middle layer is 1.5 inches of hyper-elastic polymer (HEP) foam, allowing air to flow through the mattress to keep it cool. The bottom layer is 2 inches of polyurethane foam, which provides support. This is good if you like sleeping on both sides, but if you only sleep in one position, you might want to consider another brand.
Luxury Firm WinkBed
The WinkBed has a soft and plush feel with enough bounce for better motion transfer and less tossing and turning in bed at night. This hybrid mattress uses two layers of individually wrapped pocketed coils that provide strong support while allowing airflow throughout the mattress for temperature regulation purposes. You don’t wake up sweating from feeling too hot or cold during the night! If you’re looking for a firm mattress that won’t sag, this is for you. It has high-density foam and latex layers that provide support throughout the night and never become soft or “sink in.”
Save on your bed tonight!
Saatva is a luxury hybrid mattress brand. They offer two models, one for single sleepers and one for couples. They are made with foam layers, making them more comfortable and long-lasting than innerspring mattresses. The Saatva mattresses also have a 100-night sleep trial and a 20-year warranty.
Nolah Evolution 15
The Nolah Evolution 15 is made for couples looking for a memory foam mattress with great comfort and support at a lower price than many competitors. It’s a great choice if you’re looking for something firmer than a bed-in-a-box model but don’t want to break the bank on your new mattress purchase.
Bear Elite Hybrid
Bear Elite Hybrid is a soft and firm hybrid mattress designed with comfort in mind. It features a gel memory foam layer and a Tencel cover that makes it breathable and cool. The Bear Elite Hybrid also has strong edge support, which is excellent for couples sharing their beds. The memory foam is infused with gel to create a cooling effect, which helps keep you comfortable throughout the night.
Where can you get hybrid mattresses?
There are many places where you can get hybrid mattresses. Here are some of the most popular stores where you can purchase them:
- Amazon: Amazon offers a wide selection of hybrid mattresses through its website. You’ll find brands like Casper and Leesa and other popular brands like Nectar and Nest Bedding. There are plenty of options if you’re looking for a mattress topper or pillow top hybrid.
- Target: Target sells a variety of hybrid mattresses at affordable prices. You can also buy pillows, sheets, and other accessories from this retailer.
- Walmart: Walmart has a large selection of affordable hybrid mattresses available online or at in-store locations across the United States. This retailer offers several different brands, including Serta, Simmons Beautyrest Black Series, and more!
- BedInABox: BedInABox is a mattress company that specializes in selling bedding online. They offer a wide selection of hybrid mattresses, including those made with memory foam, latex, or both materials. One of their most popular models is the BedInABox Hybrid Latex/Memory Foam Mattress, which features a layer of memory foam on top and layers of latex underneath for better spinal alignment and back support.
- Tuft & Needle: Tuft & Needle offers three different hybrids: memory foam hybrids, latex hybrids, and gel-infused hybrids (which combine memory foam with gel-infused polyurethane). The company also sells single-layer mattresses made with only one material (either memory foam or latex).
What is the average cost of hybrid mattresses?
The average cost of hybrid mattresses is $1,000–$2,000 for a Queen-size. This is significantly higher than the price of traditional innerspring mattresses at $700–$1000 for a Queen-size.
The increased costs are due to more expensive materials and more labor involved in construction. Hybrid mattresses use high-density foam and gel-infused memory foam that offers greater support, comfort, and durability than lower-density foams used by memory foam mattresses.
Hybrids also use more durable fabrics than traditional innerspring mattresses. They can last longer than 15 years when cared for properly.
Hybrid mattresses bring together the firmness and stability of memory foam with the support and pressure relief of springs, which helps to give you the best of both worlds. Hybrid mattresses are great for sleepers, as they are comfortable in a wider range of positions. Having a hybrid mattress should not just be given a try but a definite consideration by anyone shopping for a new mattress.
Start sleeping better!